Breast Thermography Center
452 N Seymour, Mundelein, IL
Thermography is a safe, radiation and compression-free screening method, helpful in risk assessment and documenting select health concerns. Breast health screening is the most common; but can also be used in thyroid screening, lymphatic congestion, nervous system disorders, vascular system analysis, and neuromuscular disorders. Thermography uses a specialized digital infrared camera, recording temperature emitted from your skin capturing thermal activity, which can indicate physiological changes.
Thermography of the breast is a screening tool that shows physiological changes associated with angiogenesis, the growth of blood vessels that support tumor proliferation. A tumor needs a blood supply. That blood supply creates heat that can be seen using thermography indicating a need for lifestyle changes and further testing. Mammography is an anatomical test. A tumor is seen anatomically.
Thermography has the ability to detect the signs that a cancer may be forming, giving time to make lifestyle changes to reduce your risk factors. When used as a part of a multimodal approach, 95% of early stage cancers will be detected.
10 Reasons Have a Thermography Scan
- No exposure to ionizing radiation.
- Thermography is painless and non-invasive
- Thermography is an important risk assessment tool.
- No need to wait to the age of 40 to receive breast cancer screening.
- Thermography is quick and easy.
- Thermography monitors physiological changes.
- Thermographic results are not hindered by breast density.
- Thermography is safe for implants.
- Thermography is FDA-approved.
- Thermography is a proactive approach to breast health.